*Families in Transition is happy to accept future contributions as your situation improves, but does not ask for repayment.
To Qualify For Assistance
Be in danger of losing their place to live or losing basic utilities
for lack of payment.
Crisis due to:
- Loss of job
- Loss of income due to disability
- Unexpected medical expenses
- Separation or Divorce
- Compelling or Extenuating Circumstances
The following criteria must be met by applicants in order to receive assistance from FIT:
- Be a Benicia resident for at least 3 months. Prospective clients must complete FITs
application form and be interviewed by a FIT liaison to determine eligibility and needs.
The liaison works closely with the client to ensure that the program requirements are met and
eliminate the possibility of duplicate services being provided by other organizations or agencies.
- FITs liaison or Executive Committee must be convinced that FITs financial assistance at the time
will be a stabilizing factor for the applicants and that the applicants, once the immediate crisis is
taken care of, can afford to remain where they are living. This assurance is established by the
completion of a budget and the development of a controlled expense plan.
- School-age children must be enrolled and attending school.
- A photo id must be presented at the time of the interview.
- Clients must sign the application, declaring that all the above requirements are met and everything they have stated in the application is true.
P. O. Box 321, Benicia, CA 94510 - 707-645-3000
Website Design and Hosting Is a Donation from
Tony Shannon of Miyoji Productions (707-747-4747).
© 2021 Benicia Families In Transition